The Ultimate Shortcut, ‘Step-By-Step’ Program For Starting a Fashion Business That Will Save You Loads of Frustration and Time
This course is available immediately and you can do it at your own pace, at your convenience – it’s all online.
What it is…
The most common question we get from new designers is: WHERE DO I START?
Now we have a clear, easy to follow program that will walk you through the beginning stages of how to start your fashion brand. The New Designer Program is a complete online training course design and thought by Jane Hamill that includes 6 Vital Steps to launching a fashion business. You get all the no-fluff information in the form of videos, audios (mp3 files), worksheets, downloads, cheat sheets, and spreadsheets. You get the links to all the trainings so you can watch, listen, and work on the material as often as you like – whenever it suits your schedule. You also get the written transcripts of all the video and audio trainings.
Here’s What You’ll Learn…
#1 Before You Launch – Setting the Foundation for your Business
- What business licenses you need and where to find them
- The fashion calendar and seasonality of the business
- Get specific on your creative business idea and what’s special about it
- How you will sell – online? wholesale? to boutiques? craft fairs? home parties?
- Making sure your niche is focused – your USP
- How much money will you need?
- Building your list of potential customers
#2 Financial Issues – Costing, Pricing, Money
- Working backward to know your prices
- Costing your line
- What will your margins be?
- What professional help is worth paying for and where you can save
#3 How to Find Fabrics & Suppliers in Small Quantities
- THE LIST – Jane’s own list of 24 recommended fabric companies you can buy from TODAY
- What are the different sources you can purchase from
- How to NOT be taken advantage of
- Why you should NEVER pay retail
- Why some companies just don’t want to sell to you
#4 Product Development – Finding a Manufacturer and Getting Your First Samples Made
- Why your first sample is important
- How do you know if a pattern maker is good?
- Do you really need a sewing contractor?
- Places to look for a good manufacturer
- Can you start out making it all yourself?
#5 Before You Can Sell Your Line – Your Buyer’s Packet, Prep, etc.
- Your Selling Tools
- Purchase Orders
- Line sheets – what MUST be included
- Do you need a professional photographer for your photo shoot?
- The difference between line sheets and a look book?
- Terms, deliveries, minimums
#6 Get Out There and Sell It!
- How to sell to approach a retailer
- What is a retail buyer looking for in a line?
- Mass emails to stores – do they work?
- The best way to craft an email for buyers – what to put in it, what to leave out
- How to sell to a boutique
- Why selling directly to consumers need a different “language”Taking the order
- B to B selling vs. B to C
- What words make your buyer stand up and notice?
Who is This Program For?
New Designers and entrepreneurs who are either working part-time in your business or just starting out, within the first couple of years in business. You love what you do, but you’d like to make a real business out of your creative idea. You may have a day-job, or just need to get a lot more customers, but either way, this is the building stage for you and you’d like to build your business quickly.
What Your Issues Tend To Be…
You’re passionate about what you do and you badly want to create a successful business but right now you need some guidance on how to go about things. It’s hard to know where to start or what to do first. This can create some stress in your life and sometimes require you to work very long hours trying to figure out the “right” way to do things. That’s because you “don’t know what you don’t know” about running a design business… at least not yet.
What You Need Most Right Now…
Your primary focus needs to be on creating your product and doing some serious planning to get your business – a viable business – up and running. You need a plan! In order to do this, you need some training on what really works for this industry. You need step by step instructions for producing a line and selling it -- not to mention marketing, costing and pricing, sourcing, selling tools and line sheets, and more! Then, it’s all about stating specific goals and creating the focus you need to move your business forward quickly, yet comfortably.
How It Works, Here’s What You Get…
- Six Sessions of online tutorials (60 – 90 minutes) tackling a different issue that are geared just for fashion designers on the business side of their business.
- Everything can be done online – you can live anywhere and there is no tricky technology to manage. I’ve had students take this course from Australia, France, Israel, the U.K., Mozambique, and more.
- The training is in the form of webinars, videos, worksheets, templates, scripts, tele-seminars, checklists, cheat sheets etc.
- You can watch the training on your own time – we send you the link and the PDF’s and they are yours to use when it suits your schedule.All videos are accessible on your computer or tablet – the videos will also play on your phone.Rolling admission. You can join now and start immediately. You will have access to the material for as long as we are running the program, which we assume will be many years!
- Complete written transcripts of everything. All the video and audio trainings have been transcribed for you. Everyone learns differently. Some people prefer to read the material, some prefer to listen and/or watch. This way it’s your choice.
The program includes six training steps plus lifetime access to the course and all the training materials. You can start today and you will begin with Step One.
I started this Online Program for designers who are just getting going with their line. You want answers but aren’t ready – or don’t need – private, one-on-one coaching. The New Designer Program is absolutely the best way to learn a lot without investing thousands of dollars for private coaching.
Your Investment: $397
You’ll get immediate access to ALL the material right now in a password protected Online Classroom. You can study the trainings, written transcripts, and worksheets at your convenience, at your own pace (as quickly or slowly as you want, as many times as you want).
Jane’s 100% Guarantee: This is our BEST selling online course and I think you’ll love it. If this training course isn’t awesome for you, I offer a full 60 day “no questions asked” guarantee. Just email me and I’ll process your refund. -Jane
I’ll tell you WHAT you need to know, HOW to do it, and WHERE to get it.
The strategies I teach in the New Designer program are the same ones I used in my design business for 14 years, and the same techniques I use in my private coaching practice.
Watch this video for an intro to our New Designer Program!
Sounds great, what’s the catch?
Nope, no catch. “I simply want a way to help designers who couldn’t/wouldn’t/shouldn’t be able to work with me through one-on-one consulting. It’s a more affordable option for new designers.”
“Who is Jane Hamill, anyway?”
A few highlights…
- Designed the Jane Hamill line for 14+ years and owned her boutique for the same time period (cleverly named Jane Hamill)
- Sold the Jane Hamill line in her shop and wholesale to Marshall Field’s, Mark Shale, Bloomies by Mail, Saks Folio, numerous specialty stores
- The Jane Hamill line was represented in 5 showrooms across the country
- Designed a line of bridesmaid dresses called Dress Fancy
- Got great press over the years including CNN, FOX national TV, InStyle, Lucky, Chicago Tribune, McCall’s, National Public Radio
- Did an essay for NPR’s This I Believe series – also in the book of essays. The topic? Barbie, of course. Click here to read more.
- Sold design biz and retail store in 2007 – 14 years and 2 kids later
- Started consulting with retailers in 2007 (with Retail Mavens) re: inventory control, cash flow, open to buy #’s, marketing their business
- Started Fashion Brain Academy and Jane Hamill Consulting in 2009
- Helps designers through online courses, group coaching and mastermind Programs, private coaching, and public speaking.
- Director of Design Education at the Chicago Fashion Incubator
- djunct faculty at Columbia College – Fashion Studies Department