Technical Designer / Product Development & production Position
We are looking for a technical designer who is experienced in active wear and is well versed in development/production.
We are an NYC product development and production company servicing emerging designers and established fashion brands, our company is expending and we are looking to add to our team. This is a position with great future possibilities.
If you are serious about the fashion industry and looking to be involved in ALL aspects of developing and producing a fashion product, and eager to take part in starting and building fashion brands from the ground up than this is a FANTASTIC opportunity for you. You will take part in working with some of the biggest brands in the industry.
To qualify you must be living in the NYC area and be able to start working immediately.
- 4+ years experience in technical design and product development/production preferably in active wear. .
- Knowledge in garment construction (patterns, sewing)
- Independent, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Great follow-up skills, ability to handle major responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Honest, sharp and a team player with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Excel, with the ability to create tech packs on excel
- Ability to check garments to insure quality, specs, construction and fit meet the standards
- Experience working with overseas factories
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing product development and production
- Working with designers, pattern makers, sample rooms, contractors and vendors both domestically and overseas
- Sourcing materials and contractors
- Creating spreadsheets, specs sheets and tech-packs using excel
- Creating technical cads using Illustrator
- Attending fit sessions and taking detailed notes; making revisions based on fit comments and tracking the current status of all changes with the factories.
- Preparing spec and grading charts
- Preparing purchase orders, cost sheets and cutting tickets
- Checking garments to insure construction, specs and fit
- Overseeing quality control
- Responding flexibly to various daily challenges
To apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter to Info@humanb.com with the subject line: Development/production associate position